Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

user connection timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

naushi

ISP
Jan 18, 2002
US
This is a sql 6.5 issue but the problem is common among all versions.

There are several users (about 15) doing sql queries over the web against the database. In sp_who these processes display the source server and the status is basically 'sleeping' since the queries are quick. Yesterday no one could get in because the max number of processes was reached and upon querying (sp_who) I found out many processes in 'spinloop' status - probably a resource deadlock. I had to reboot the server to get out.

Is there a way I could automatically kill these processes after they are not active anymore. I see in server configuration there is an option 'remote conn timeout'. if I change it to 2 minutes, will this kill the inactive logons for more than 2 minutes?

Or if there is another solution to this please let me know. these processes have started to pile up and we get a spinloop situation in many of these. Regards,
Naushi Hussain
Naushi.hussain@honeywell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back