Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Conflicts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

matethreat

Technical User
Jan 5, 2004
AU
Hello,

I have a database that I have placed on our network and I would like the ability to have multiple users in the database at the same time. My problem is that once one user opens the program it locks out all other users.

The following error is displayed when a second user attempts to access the database:

"The database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on machine 'XXXXXX' that prevents it from being opened or locked.

What do I need to do for multiple users access.

Destiny Is Not The Chances We Take, But The Descisions We Make.

If you look under Access Other Topics you will see some FAQ on security. I developed my own system, rather tan the built in one. BUT there is answers to a lot of security issues . Hope this helps.:)

I have actually solved my own problem by splitting the database. Keeping my tables on the network and the forms and reports on each users desktop.

Thanks for your reply.

Destiny Is Not The Chances We Take, But The Descisions We Make.

I realize you solved your problem, this is for future readers.

Open the DB, Goto Tools --> Options
Click the Advanced Tab
You can adjust the Open Mode, and Record Locking Here!

Hope this helps someone!

AccessGuruCarl
Programmers helping programmers
you can't find a better site.

assets: Thanks very much;)

Carl

AccessGuruCarl
Programmers helping programmers
you can't find a better site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search