Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Change in Windows 2000 affects DELPHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuWood

Programmer
Mar 14, 2002
GB
Hi

I have used DELPHI for years logged into my PC running W2k.

Now my company is growing I have a domain which I wish to login to instead of to the PC itself. This is fine except that when I run DELPHI all my extra VCL is no longer there.

Does anyone know of a way of migrating your DELPHI settings from one user to another. I would like to avoid reinstalling all my VCL again.

The problem is because the PC sees me as a seperate user when I login to the domain as the one that I login to the PC as so settings are seperate.

Thanks in advance

A few steps to solve this:
- Login as the old user/context, so Delphi works fine again
- Export using regedit, from HKEY_CURRENT_USER the Software\Borland\Delphi\x.0 (correct version, 5.0/6.0/7.0/8.0) to a file, (it's best to place thes file in C:\DATA or C:\REGISTER)
- Repeat above step for VCL packages that keep their own registry settings in HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- Login in the new user/context
- Double-click the .reg file(s) previously exported, and allow to get it imported
- Check if Ok by running Delphi

HTH
TonHu

Thanks for the quick response

I knew there was a quick way just didn't know the details

Works great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back