Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User can't view reports -- server connection reset error message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveBell

Technical User
Mar 23, 2001
US
I have a new CE user who gets this error message when trying to view any report:

[tt]Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site

The connection with the server was reset
[/tt]

He can log in and change his display settings, but when he tries to view the report (in any of the viewers) he gets the error message. The problem is specific to this PC. He can view reports elsewhere, and I cannot view reports from his PC with my own account.

Could it be an incomplete download of the viewer components? If so, how would I force a re-download?

Could it be a privilege problem on the server(s)? How would I check that? I'm a developer and support person, so I'd like to point the administrators somewhere if I have to call them.

Could it be something I don't know anything about (admittedly a vast region)?

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. Steve Bell
[sup]There's nothing better than a friend, unless it's a friend with chocolate.[/sup]​

Steve,

I'd say the issue is on the browser. Try changing his settings to use the DHTML viewer just to see if it works. If not, I'd reload the browser.

He was running Internet Explorer v4.0. I updated it to v5.5 and installed the latest version of ActiveX.
The viewer works just fine now!

Thanks for the suggestion. Steve Bell
[sup]There's nothing better than a friend, unless it's a friend with chocolate.[/sup]​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back