Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Cannot login

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattl

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2002
DE
All,

I have a user that is having a problem logging into the Citrix Server (Metaframe XP). This system worked great until todat, and there have been no changes to the system. When I try to login I get Program Neighborhood with all of my icons, but when I click on one I get the error "Cannot open Citrix ICA client [Error 1000]. I also get a client help box talking about registering the ica client web web browser and asking me to go to the following web site I also can't access the system via the web client. I can access via PN or the web client on any other PC with her account. PEASE Help!!!!!

I am having the same problem and found a thread on the Citrix website with another handful of users also having this issue. Some suggestions were made, but none of them worked for me. Anyone who can help, it's appreciated!

To solve this problem I found the same thing several of the users in the Citrix forum found, I had a process running it was next to impossible to kill, and when I did succeed in getting rid of it (imginet.exe) it came back. The second time it came back, I used killbox, and cleaned out my run keys in the registry, rebooted, and it was finally dead. However, in it's place came a file called acbin.exe in one place and nibca in another. After I killed this one and deleted all accompanying files in the c:/windows/repair folder (there were some ini file and bak files), it finally died for good. After that I ran the full set of scans again, spybot, adaware, hijack and norton AV, cleaned the few remnants it found, checked the registry again, rebooted, removed and reinstalled the citrix client, and it's now working. I don't know what these files belong to nor where they came from. This user had virtumonde and trojan.killfiles within the past week, but both were cleaned several days prior to having this problem. It was a bear to clean up.

Hey folks,

I am experiencing the same thing with the web client...only w/ a different symptom. Users will get prompted to save the launch.ica file when they attempt to launch an app from web interface. I'm seeing a common denominator of spy/adware too.

I had a temp work-around of saving the .ica file to their desktop and launching it...which worked for a day or two before they began to get the 'error 1000' message like you are experiencing.

Found a better work-around: have user change connection preference from 'seamless' to something else. Evidently, the problem occurs with apps launching in seamless mode. Hehem...installing Firefox works as a solution too. However, it's not an acceptable solution in an enterprise environment...but interesting.

Here's the thread that I started:
-Ron

I have just had a similar problem. On running various spyware detection apps I noticed 2 that kept recurring. One was the DSO Exploit and the other was ATLEvents.ATLEvents. No matter how often I tried to delete them, they kept coming back. I then shifted my focus to viruses and on investigation of those 2 pieces of spyware, I found that the cause was the Vundo virus. (Other users has mentioned the virus Troj/AgentSpy). I obtained the removal tool for Vundo and successfully removed the virus. I was then able to connect to the Citrix Server without any further issues. Hope this helps someone else out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back