Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User cannot access 2000 machine 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon285

Technical User
Aug 18, 2003
US
Ok at my ofice we have about 30 machines, 15 on one side "west side" and 15 on the other "east side". This certain user can log on to any machine on the "west side", but when he tries to log on to a machine on the "east side" of the office he gets a message stating "YOUR ACCOUNT IS CONFIGURED TO PREVENT YOU FROM USING THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE TRY ANOTHER COMPUTER." Can anyone tell me where in Win 2000 I can change this policy? I have already checked the users policy info and computer info, and all seems normal. Before I go and just give him another username, which is the easy way out, I would like to find a resolution to this problem.

THANKS

this is configured in the user accounts on the domain controller (the only place I've ever seen it) go to active directory users & computers, double click the desired users, select account tab and hit the 'log on to' button...this area is where you can restrict users from logging on to certain machines

;)

TO SMO6 thanks for the info. I should have known..........I even checked there but I could have sworn that the all computers was checked. I guess we should always check twice. Again thanks

Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back