Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User auditing

Status
Not open for further replies.

katididdy

Technical User
Mar 13, 2006
US
How can I, in JD Edwards, log user activity?

I am looking, in particular, on how to audit when a user inquires on a screen, as well as delete/change/create.

As far as I know, which is somewhat limited, there is no global user auditing system. BUT, there are processws to track any and all address book changes. If you look at the processing option for the address book app (P01012) you will see under the versions tab/option 1, the ability to activate the audit trail. This is also available for the Customer master as well.

As for the rest of JDE, I am not sure. I also wish I knew.

When you say audit do you mean down to the record level or only when an option has been used on a menu?

You can set up auditing for sales order processing and purchase order processing in order activity rules. It will then write records to F42199 and F43199.

The address book audit file is F0101A.

You can start auditing on the item master file.

But if you only want to know the options a user took, use J0082H. The inquiry works on program name or user name.

1. In a DB2 (AS400) environment , using the OS auditing features down to field level. But beware of the performance hit and disk space needed to store this information.

2. You could also build an applicaton that copies all changes into a workfile and report them daily ... this also will require disk space and may cause performance issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back