Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Appearance button over SCN

Status
Not open for further replies.

somewacko2

Programmer
Sep 22, 2004
US
When I add a user appearance over the SCN I'm not seeing the status info that I get when the user is local. The light does not blink when the user is on the call, or go solid when they are on DND. Is this normal?

It should be a SCN function but honestly I never used it.

I have never used user buttons over a SCN but it sounds like a firwall/port issue. Found this:

Port 50795
Protocol IPO Voice Networking UDP
Small Community Network signalling (AVRIP) and BLF updates. Each
system does a broadcast every 30 seconds. BLF updates are sent
required up a maximum of every 0.5 seconds.

Never had an issue getting blfs working over an scn.

| ACSS SME |

Is your centralized voicemail working over the SCN? I use user BLFs over SCN all the time. Never had an issue. I'm wondering if your SCN is really working.

Yea, Centralized VM is fine. The user shows in manager too. Everything seems to be okay, I just don't get user state changes. I'm at v9SP10.

As far as the network goes, there is nothing more than simple routers running between the systems. No firewalls or packet monkeying.

As far as the network goes, there is nothing more than simple routers running between the systems. No firewalls or packet monkeying.

if I had a £ for every time i heard that one form the IT guy....

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back