Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User account rename in AD...still showing old account info Sharepoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

web4fun

MIS
Oct 2, 2002
US
Environment:

MOSS 2010
MS AD 2003

Problem:

Encountering a strange issue whereby our help desk is renaming accounts in Active Directory and when I go to delete the old profile in Sharepoint in ALL PEOPLE for the site collection, I do NOT see the user's account. I also cannot find the user's old profile in the SSP profile database. I do see the new profile / renamed profile but not the old one. Search also doesn't find the old user account.

This is a problem because when the user logs into the portal, and clicks 'My Settings' under Welcome... they still see their OLD account information!!!

I have even tried to add their old account back so that I could delete it but when I go to add the old account, I encounter an error that displays that the account either doesn't exist or already exists!!!

Can someone please advise on how to clean this up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back