Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User account problems with internet explorer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford500

Technical User
Jan 5, 2005
CA
Hello everyone!!Hoping you can help me out.i am running xp home,i had problems and did a repair install.now when ever i click on the blue ie icon a window opens up and at the top it says "run as" and it shows what appears to be a set of keys as in house keys.it then asks which account i want to use. it has my name but also below is a blank box with a drop down menu in it which also has my name.it appears that there are now 2 account created, but it only shows one in "account users" and it is me also set to administrator this has just happened since i did repair install.How do i get rid of this annoyance.thank you all in advance running xp home with sp1 also ie updated to latest and all updates up to date.

225035 - Secondary Logon (Run As): Starting Programs and Tools in Local Administrative Context

See what the next thread says about the role of the "Secondary Logon Service".

294676 - HOW TO: Enable and Use the "Run As" Command When Running Programs in Windows

You could delete the Special IE Icon and try creating a Shortcut to Iexplore.exe (via C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer)and place that on your Desktop.

The Windows XP runas command
thread779-797632

RunAs missing from contextual menu
thread779-364976

Thank you for the help!!It was a Run as problem i just right clicked the icon went to properties and then advanced on the shortcut subtab and removed the check mark!1 All is great now thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back