Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Account/password good for SOME servers but not for ONE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHUDDLES

Technical User
Feb 22, 2001
US
wits end again

Re-installing OPtion for OFO on a handful of machines that have remote agent on 'em

OFO Option goes OK on all but one --

screens requiring an admin name and password have come up for each machine -- I use the same one -- but this one big File Server (not the one the tape drive and BE 8.6 are on) says "invalid username or password"

i don't get it

I have the SAME exact problem. Please let me know if you get a solution, and Ill do the same.

jsylvia@ondisplayapparel.com

I 've seen problem with our backups also. I usally go into my backup selection tab and go to the server that I'm trying to backup. I then highlight the server name and then go to the "Network" drop down menu at the top of the screen. Next I go to the "Set Default attach Info" option and click on this and reinsert the user id and password. This usally fixes the problem. Some how the Bewinui.uni file is missing the login and or paasword for the server you are trying to back up. The only other way of fixing it is to create a new uni file. You have to bring down all Backup Exec services and renaming the old file and then restarting the services again. This will create a new file. You then would have to reinstall the user id and password for each server you are trying to backup. I've done this a few times already and has work. Let me know if you have other questions.
Its somewhat time consuming but can be done.

I'm having the same problem, but the old trick of renaming BEWINUI is not working this time, and only on one directory of one machine. (can attach to other directories on the same machine). Dying on this one.

I'm having this problem as well. It's been ongoing for about 2 months.

Server: BE8.6 Winnt4 Server Sp6

Agent: Winnt4 Server SP6 Exchange 5.5 SP4

If you can still backup the admin shares for these machines (c$, d$, etc.) but just can't push out the new OFO agent then you have 2 options... you can spend a lot of time troubleshooting the peculiar difference on this machine in terms of security, share setup, registry, etc. OR you can simply run the silent install of OFO on that machine.

How to perform a silent installation of the Open File Option (OFO) in the event that standard installation hangs or fails or if a local install of the OFO is preferred

If you are using a new download you need to modify the first step (since you won't be using a cd-rom) and I'd also recommend running the setupofo.cmd from a command prompt rather than just double-clicking the file. When the prompt returns with a date/time stamp, then you know the OFO option has been installed correctly. You can also verify the newest OFO is in place by comparing the otman4.sys file for NT 4 machines (from ones where the push install went OK) or the otman5.sys file for Win2k machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back