Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Access Logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

nherrmann

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2010
US
I have recently taken over as network admin at my company, and am completely new to Cisco appliances, and pretty inexperienced with VPNs. I am trying to consolidate our VPN connections. We currently have an old WatchGuard Firebox, and 2 Cisco ASA 5500 series appliances. In the WatchGuard appliance, I was able to run a report listing all of the users who have logged on in the past month. I'm trying to find a way to do the same thing on our old Cisco ASA so that I can make sure everyone who is using it gets switched over to the new Cisco ASA. So far, the best I have been able to come up with is a method to generate an email every time someone logs on or off ( I am using Cisco ASDM 6.2 for ASA. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Other than setting up a syslog server, no. You can set it up to only log those events to the buffer and have it FTP it.

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back