Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User 1 can't see records after User 2 updates them

Status
Not open for further replies.

meckeard

Programmer
Aug 17, 2001
US
Hi all,

I have an odd situation where 2 users (User 1 and User 2) access the same Access database using the same workgroup account on the same network but different computers. Both users can see all records until User 2 updates them. Afterwards User 1 can no longer see them.

Has anyone seen this issue before? If so, what is causing it?

Thanks,
Mark

You could try checking the Access Options "Advanced" tab. Towards the bottom there is an "Advanced" subgroup that addresses settings for shared mode and record locking. I would imagine you want "Shared" and "No Locks" selected if they are not.

Beir bua agus beannacht!

Hi genomon,

I checked those settings and they appear as shared and no locks.

I think this may be Access 2000. My laptop is running Access 2013 and it says something about Access 2000 format. Not sure if the age of the version matters.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Mark

You could possibly try converting a copy of the.mdb to .accdb format, but this sounds like something different. Does the Backend database have any linked tables (like to SQL Server or Oracle)? Could be a problem at tht end of the pipe if so...

Beir bua agus beannacht!

x
genomon said:
...Does the Backend database have any linked tables (like to SQL Server or Oracle)...

Better question, perhaps, would be 'Is the database actually split?' The OP's statement

meckeard said:
...2 users...access the same Access database using the same workgroup account on the same network but different computers...

makes me wonder if they are both working off of a single, non-split file that is located on the network! Multi-users working on a single, non-split file, can cause all sorts of strange, odd and curious behavior!

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

The Devil's in the Details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back