Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Used i2004 won't allow programming - factory default?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsweet

Technical User
Jul 28, 2006
US
When the i2004 first boots up and displays Nortel Networks (all 4 feature keys are pressed to enter programming), the only item that can be programmed is the EAP (yes or no). No matter which way EAP is set, we can't program or even view the other items (IP, S1, DHCP etc). I have a few used i2004s my company inherited. Is there a way I can totally reset the phone to factory defaults?

Thanks in advance

Here's my cheat sheet

With UNIStim firmware release 3.0, and greater, the following keypad sequence is used to reset all provisioning parameters to a “factory default”:

[*][*][7][3][6][3][9][MAC][#][#]

Where the MAC corresponds to the MAC address of the IP Phone which can be found on a label on the back of the IP Phone.

Since a MAC address can contain the letters A through F, the letters A, B and C can be entered via the [2] key on the dial pad, and letters D, E and F can be entered via the [3] key.

For example, an IP Phone with MAC address 00:19:E1:E2:17:12 would be reset to “factory default” when the sequence **73639001931321712## is entered on the keypad.

Thanks but I think the phone is on an older release of firmware. When the phone boots up it shows F/W Version 0604D9H.

It definitely is old firmware - about 11 versions behind the last 0604DCN version.

The "restore to factory default" sequence shown above only applies to UNISTim software on the 1110/1120E/1140E/1150E/1165E/1210/1220/1230/2007. It does not work on ay version of firmware for the 2001/2002/2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back