Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Used DTS Migration Wizard but can't find the DTS Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imakeoil

Programmer
Dec 20, 2008
US
Hello,

I am trying to move some DTS packs from SQL 2000 to our new SQL 2005 server. I have used the wizard and it said it completed successfully, but I can not find the DTS packs. I re did the wizard and renamed the packs to go into a new DTS folder, but when I opened the folder it appears to be empty, however if I re run the wizard it says that the pack already exists on the destination server. I am very unfamiliar with DTS packs and totally unfamiliar with SSIS and none of the info on the internet is helping. Can someone please tell me where/how these DTS packs are stored on the destination server?

Thank you.

I couldn't get the import to work either; I just opened the DTS packages and saved them on the new server.

AFAIK, they're stored in the msdb database - check to see what you have with
Code:
select * from msdb.dbo.sysdtspackages
and
Code:
select * from msdb.dbo.sysdtspackages90
(someone more experienced will explain why there are 2 tables)

On the GUI, you should find them in Object Explorer under Management>Legacy>Data Transformation Services.

HTH,
lex

soi là, soi carré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back