Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USED BCM50

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingj626

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2008
US
I recently purchased a used BCM 50 to add to a new location we are opening early next year. The BCM50 (6.0.2.05.237) and 7 IP phones (2004) cost me very little and since all my other locations are running BCM 50's or BCM 400, it was just easier to have all the locations similar in setup and VoIP capabilities. We will be replacing all the systems once our TELCO providers and hand off to each other. Anyway I digress.

After unpacking the BCM and Phones we connected the BCM to a switch along with a laptop and used the OAM port to get in and configure the IP address so we could put it on our network subnet.

We went in under SYSTEM>IP Subsystem and changed the ip address, subnet mask and default gateway.

I then configured Element Manager that I already had installed on my computer to connect to the new to us BCM 50.

I then went into Data Services>DHCP Server> IP terminal DHCP Options and set S1 and S2 setting.

I then set up Data Services>DHCP Server> Address Ranges

I then went to a phone, entered programing mode, set IP address for the phone and S1 and S2 and the thing will not connect to the BCM.

I feel I'm missing something simple but not being a true phone guy I'm kinda lost at this point. I tried to recreate what was already done for us on our BCM 400 but since the menues are a little different it is a little hard to make sure you get everything. My BCM 400 is the only system that has IP phones so I can't duplicate what is going on on the BCM 50 which are using M7310's.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to give as much detail as possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

if the BCM is the ip server assigning dhcp address then you DONT do any settings in the phone as the BCM will supply all the deails.

If you are using another server to supply the DHCP address then you will need to set the S1,S2 address and the port 7000.

Are there licenses for Ip clients? Look in key codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back