Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use XP to close CR ROM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkelly13

Programmer
Aug 31, 2006
US
Under Windows XP Pro and Home, is there a way to close out or finalize a CD ROM without adding anything other than what Windows provides?

I write CD ROMs at home and the computers at work think they are blank.

At your home what burning software are you using? XP's built-in CD software should "finalize" automatically. If you are using third party software then it might be matter of setting the correct preferences to finalize the disk.

Maybe you are running into a problem with variations (slight speed differences) in the actual drives at work and your own CD drive? Maybe the drives at work do not like the brand, or color, of the CD?

Re: XP's built-in CD software should "finalize" automatically.

I found that XP could handle the DVD/CD drive and I don't do any video editing and messing around, so I have not added any DVD or CD third party software. Still, I can add more files to a CD that I have written using XP.

I am running XP Home version.

I will have to use some third party software.
Thank you all for your responses.

I obtained cdburner and it works just fine.
Thank you for your responses and suggestion.

Time is the medium we use to express our priorities
(Bryan Kelly, 2000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back