Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use XP Remote Desktop on multiple machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybercode26

Technical User
Dec 7, 2003
US
Ok, lemme see if I can make any sense of this to anyone else out there. I've got 2 machines on my home network that I want to be able to Remote Desktop into from my LAN or outside my LAN. I have one that I do it with all of the time, but recently added a second. I figured out how to change the port on the second machine from 3389 to 3390, and routed port 3390 on my router to that internal IP, but I cannot get any machines to connect to it. It's like they all default to the first machine, which is the original one that I've had setup for the past year and some... I only want to log onto one at a time, but I cannot figure out how to get it to log onto the second machine! Anyone out there have any ideas on A: what the heck I'm talking about, B: if there's any hope/help for me?!?!?!?!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back