Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

use VBA to edit recipient list

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemajestee

Programmer
May 5, 2010
US
Hello all.

I'm using word 2010 mail merge with an excel 2010 datasource. I would like to step through a set of values and filter the data, including only those records that contain value(x) in field(1) OR field(2) OR field(3). The values can be either hard coded or come from a different excel list.

I recorded a macro using one record and it doesn't show the part where I filtered the data!

Thanks

Just out of interest, what code have you managed to produce?

Many thanks,
D€$

hi,
value(x) in field(1) OR field(2) OR field(3).

Do you have control of the source data, or does it originate and belong to someone else? This data source is NOT NORMALIZED, and consequently, you must filter more than one field to get correct results. This non-normalized table makes your life much more unsatisfying & sorrowful than it need to be. Fix the data structure and your life will be a harmony with your data.

faq68-5287

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back