Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use Select Expert in main report within subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

esdad71

MIS
Jan 5, 2009
US
Good evening. This is my issue. I am running a Crystal v10 report against a foxpro table and I am using 1 database within the main report and another database to pull specific information into 3 separate sub reports within the main report. I have created the shared variables for the totals, grouped it correctly but I have one problem. Since it is run for a date range I have to enter a the same parameter 3 times, basically once for each sub report. Is there a way to link the sub report so the I can enter my criteria in the select expert it the main report onceto pass it to the sub reports instead of entering the datemultiple times? Thanks in advance for your time.

Instead of a range parameter, I would use {?startdate} and {?enddate} in each sub and in the main report and use them in your record selection formula. Then in the subreport linking export, link the parameters to each other for each subreport-main link. Use the dropdown in the lower left to select {?startdate} instead of the default {?pm-?startdate}.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back