Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use same IP address inside and outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

surf70

ISP
Sep 24, 2001
US
Is it possible to use the same IP address both inside and outside to run a server?

I tried to use

static(inside,outside) 10,0,0,1 10,0,0,1
conduit(inside,outside) 10,0,0,1 80 tcp 0 0

but is does not work
thanx in advance for any help

Try the following:
static(inside,outside) 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0
conduit permit tcp host 10.0.0.1 eq

What does it say when you put the commands in? Could you post your config to see what you have in there already? With no passwords and snmp, of course.

If my memory serves me correctly you cant use the same IP addy on both interfaces. Your outside interface should be in the same subnet/ip range as your router/default route whereas the inside one should be the same as in your LAN. You can mask all outgoing IPs by using address translation, but im sure u definitely can't run that command.

Email me or post ur config and see what we can do

Thanks Everyone!!

but i have came to the conclusion that i have to use different ip's "inside" and "outside", and it is working
just fine...

(strange, in the cisco manual it shows a static command with inside and outside ip's the same :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back