Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use PC plus on a mobile phone w/keyboard?(Sorry disregard last post) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritai

Technical User
Jul 25, 2006
US
What I meant to say was that I need to make admin changes to our Voicemail system (accessing it via a phone line & PC PLUS) but it is a hassle always being at a land line phone. I am wondering if I can do this on a PC based mobile phone of some sort?

Thank you

I do this using a cell phone with a bluetooth modem. I just had to buy a usb bluetooth adapter, and make sure your provider supports this option. My provider is cingular, and had to have them turn on this free service. It acts like a regular cell call and take up your mins. The max baud most cell phones that have this support is 9600. Better phones are comming out with faster modem connections. I have used this to connect to a pbx, meridian mail, pcs, call pilot... and more. 9600 isnt much, but enough to do some torouble shooting, and minor macs, although I have ran long changes to a nortel pbx using scripts.

Thank you!!! In a nut shell how do you load PC plus into the phone?

Sorry, I am pretty technically challenged on this :)

You can only use Procomm on a pc running windows. I use my laptop with a usb bluetooth adapter to connect to my phone's modem. After installing the bluetooth adapter, you need to pair up your phone with your pc. Then you can setup the bluetooth services that your phone supports like handsfree, fax, modem, file sharing... Once you have the modem feature setup, you can select procomm to use the bluetooth modem to dialup to your remote site. Unless you have a terminal emulator on your handheld (palm,pocketpc), you can probably use it to dial directly, otherwise you need a pc to do the termial emulation, and your phone with a bluetooth modem.

I just looked it up on Symantec's site. Procomm doesn't work on windows mobile or palm os's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back