Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use passed variables from a subroutine as insert into where criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnamm

Programmer
Jul 16, 2003
US
Hi All,

I'm new at VBA. I'm trying to do an insert statement from a view into an access table. The problem is that I need to use some passed variables from a subroutine as a criteria in the WHERE clause. Could you please show me how to implement it?
ex:

strsql = "insert into tbl_SelectAuths (Authno, authdate, [time], keyword) select authno, authdate, authtime, bno from v_auth_fax where authdate = ad and authtime between ft and tt. The problem is ad, ft, tt, bno is the passing variables from a subroutine. All of the variables were passed (with value) but somehow the data won't insert. No error raised. We tried to qualiying the variables, but it won't insert.

Thank you!

If I understand correctly, should be...

strsql = "insert into tbl_SelectAuths (Authno, authdate, [time], keyword) select authno, authdate, authtime, bno from v_auth_fax where authdate = #" & ad & "# AND authtime between #" & ft & "# and
#" & tt & "#"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back