Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use one DB to launch other Access DB's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaTurkey

Technical User
Dec 24, 2001
US
I've got a few different Access db's...so I want to make a new DB that will have a switchboard or something to launch them from a newtwork share. The only way I can get RunApp to work is with an executable. Any clues?

Very Simple;

Insert an Image or command of your choise, use the Hyperlink function in the property of you image (Command Button), in Hyperlink Address browse to the destination of your second Database (in Link to file or URL field), click OK, Uncheck Use relative path for Hyperlink, click OK

It should work fine, the system will open another copy of ACCESS with the proper Database.

JavaTurkey: Great question. I have the same situation.

Dany527: Good Answer. But.. if I develop the "Main Menu" with the appropriate command buttons on my machine, then move the application to a client worksataion, the database I am trying to link or open will have a different destination. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back