Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

use of VBscript through other applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr3

Programmer
Jun 12, 2002
CA
hey, im new here, and i have a question that i desperately need ansered. im currently using a program . and with it you can make scripts when you run your own server. this program uses VBScript, frm.hub (what is this?)

and i just wanted some help, i want a script to open a new window( a internet browser) when a user enters my server.
so can someone please help me out on how to write this?

i figured i should use a preloader, but is that even possible? and then i figured the createobject commands
but nothin seems to work. so if someone can help me out i would really appreciate it thanks./

by the way, i want a new window to open on there computer,
not mine.

well you got me confused! You want your server to open a new window on the users PC when they access something or anything that is on that server????? or do you jsut want some code to open a new window. In that case here is how
<SCRIPT language=&quot;vbscript&quot;>
<!--
Dim NewWindow
NewWindow = window.open(&quot;yourpage.htm&quot;,&quot;newwin&quot;, &quot;height=450, width=500&quot;)
-->
</SCRIPT>

If you want the first option you may want to check the web servers forum list and post it where you may get a better answer. I may not get it the 1st or 2nd time,
but how sweet that 15th time can be.

let me explain what i mean and hopefully you can help

im running a server, and when people enter my server i want a new window to pop up on there computer. however the closest i can get is that when people enter my server my window pops up, and not the users.

so can someone help me out, on how to open a window through the users computer...thanks

pr3,

When the people enter your server, are they entering it through the web server or are they just executing applications from a file share?

fengshui_1998

they are entering through an application, called DC.
and with DC for your server you can make scripts that accept VBscript language.

so thats why i wanna know how to do it.
someone plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back