Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use of Segregation Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2008
US
I hope this makes sense. I have a segregation table:
1 2 3 4 5
4 x

I have a form that has product in it with classes. Classes are 1,2,3,4,5 in the segregation table.
Product conflict is created if an 'x' falls in place on the grid. Product A and Product B conflict if A is a 4 and B is a 2. Ultimately, when I scroll through the records, when I get to Product A, I want it to show me all Products that conflict with it. I am trying to figure out the best way to do this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am a moderate VBA user so I am open to coding if necessary.

Thanks!

Seems like there is other data here that needs to interact with your segregation table - how do your products interact with this segregation data? What links product A to 4 and product B to 2 (as per your example)

Also - what app?

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

hi,

Product A and Product B conflict if A is a 4 and B is a 2.

From the data given, how do we logically know that?

What relates A to 4 and B to 2?

You need to do a lot of 'splanin.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

App is Access 2003

I have another query stored that designates Product A as 4 and Product B as a 2. The classes are static material that comes from another source. I currently have it tied to a form so as you scroll through the records of Products, when you see Product A, you will also see its Class is 4.

Does this help?

No.

Skip,
[sub]

Form Product A
View Class: 4
Description: Red bucket

Product B
Class: 2
Description: Blue Bucket

Segregation Table (this is the logic I need to essentially
1 2 3 4 5 code into the app)
4 x

x - designates products that cannot mix

I need to code logic from this table into my Access database some kind of way so that when I scroll through and see Product A it will display all other products that cannot mix with it. The determinant for non-mixing is the class.

Does this help more?

I have another query stored that designates Product A as 4 and Product B as a 2.
That means that you have a TABLE that relates this data. THAT is important.

What does this TABLE look like?

Skip,
[sub]

Date Loaded, date/time
ProductID, text
ProductDesc, text
Dept, number
Class, number
ClassDesc, text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back