Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use of Digit Conversion on SoPho IS3000 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrado68

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2007
IT
Hi all,

I'm trying something "radical" on our Sopho IS3000 and since I fear I can mess it up, I'll share my ideas with you before trying on the real machine :)

The purpose of the change is to add a second "0" (zero) digit to all outgoing calls (which are now requiring a single zero), because we're installing a digital/VOIP device (a SWIX server) between the SoPho and the telephone network. The SWIX machine requires a "0" to exit on the public line so, if we don't apply a digit conversion, the users will be forced to dial a double 0 to exit (which we don't like).

I'm planning to use the command:

ASDGCO:1,1,0,00;

I already checked for existing conversions and it doesn't seem that we have any... I used the command:

DIDGCO:0&&254;

and, to be sure, I also tried the more specific:

DIDGCO:0&&254,1;
and
DIDGCO:1,1;

All display commands returned "EXECUTED" and nothing else.

Am I safe to proceed with the ASDGCO command?

Thanks for your help & hints

Corrado Toxiri

Hi corrado,

this command is save for route 1 and dest 1!
to control it, DIDGCO:1;

You need Licence 9 LCCR for outgoing digitcoversion
sysop 62 must be yes, then works the conversion.

Test it, its no problem to return, with ERDGCO:1;

with regards

wernergo

Hallo Werner und vielen Dank fuer deine Antwort ;-)

I checked the route/dest to be used with the Telecom technician who usually did this kind of job on our switchboard (but he's ill and unreachable to do the job now...). Having no other digit conversions active, he suggests to try values 1,1 for this one.

By the way: what is the method to choose which route/dest should be used, if not 1,1?

About the other two points (licence 9 LCCR and sysop 62) how do I check / change this if needed?

Thanks a lot

Corrado Toxiri

Hi corrado,

you can check it with these commands:
DILICS:9; for the licence
and
DIMDAT:1,62; for the option

If you don´t have the licence you have to order it at Philips.
The OM command for changing the option is
CHOPTI:62,1;
but I´m right now not sure if you can change it this way, because there are some options (or also boundaries) witch may only be changed by modifing the PE-file and reloading the system.

greets

setihound

Hi corrado,

for dest and route

with
DINASD:0; ( stop it with ^x )
you can look for the destination-number at the line of trunk accesscode.

DIDEST:<Dest-Nbr>;
you see all possible route-table-number

DIROTA:<rout-table-number>;
you can see the route

try it and tell us, which values in your pbax, if you need more help

greets to you and to setihound

Werner

I checked the route 1:
<didgco:1;
No relations or data found
EXECUTED

Then I checked the Licence 9 LCCR:
<dilics:9;

Active licenses
UNIT NR DESCRIPTION GRANTED TOTAL USED EXPIRY DATE
01 009 : LCCR Yes - - -
EXECUTED

And for the sysop 62:
<dimdat:1,62;

UNIT MANAGER-TYPE MANAGER-INDEX VALUE

1 1 62 Yes
EXECUTED

So everything seems fine to proceed...

Then I checked the Dest/route as suggested by Werner and got a number 001 under column F (Dest./Route table/A queue/Unit/Val./Server), so I checked that:

didest:001;

DEST TREE FST-DT SND-DT ACC-REP ROUTE-TABLE DELAYED-SEIZURE

1 60 1 0 0 1 D 00
EXECUTED

And Finally:
<dirota:1;

ROUTE-TABLE UNIT SEQUENCE-TABLE
1 1 1

NORMAL EXTENSION OPERATOR PRIORITY EXTENSION
ROUTE PREF TRFC SMART ROUTE PREF TRFC SMART ROUTE PREF TRFC SMART
1 n 1 No 1 n 1 No 1 n 1 No
2 n 1 No 2 n 1 No 2 n 1 No
EXECUTED

Can I then test route/dest 1/1 ?

Thanks a lot for all the replies

Corrado Toxiri

Hi corrado,

it looks very good!
Try it.

Is the SWIX-Server activ?
I hope you can see the result on the server.

I`m sure, it works

greets
Werner

We will install the SWIX server tomorrow morning inbetween the SoPho and the public line (a 30-line PRI access) and when it's installed we can monitor the flow... and of course see if the digit conversion works :)

We can do the job only on saturday/sunday since there's something like 200 people using the lines during the working hours ;-)

Thanks a lot

Corrado Toxiri

Well, it didn't work. I've tried the command on different route/dest combinations with no success (the SoPho wasn't adding any 0 in front of the original 0).

Meanwhile, I repeated the dinasd:0; command from inside the company (modem connected to the SoPho) and discovered other results that weren't shown when I tried with the modem from home... quite strange:

dinasd:0;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| SOPHO ISPBX0520-5694-0681-0607 | |
| | Page 1|
| Display of number analysis scheme | |
A = Digit in table B = Code of analysis result
C = Analysis result D = Next analysis table/Line number
E = Number length/PVN mode F = Dest./Route table/A queue/Unit/Val./Server
G = Paging route number H = Traffic class
I = Minimum length of numbers J = Maximum length of numbers
K = Dialtone place L = Pre-digit
M = Post-digit N = Restoration-mode
O = Toll oper.intr./charged nbr P = Barring possible mark
Q = Tariff Class
| Analysis tree # : 0 Level : 1 | Table # : 0|
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q

0 021 Trunk access code - - 001 - 3 - - - - - - - -
1 001 No direct result 001 - - - - - - - - - - - -
2 010 Internal number - 03 - - 1 - - - - - - - -
3 010 Internal number - 03 - - 1 - - - - - - - -
4 010 Internal number - 03 - - 1 - - - - - - - -
5 255 Non existing number - - - - - - - - - - - - -
6 255 Non existing number - - - - - - - - - - - - -
7 021 Trunk access code - - 004 - 1 - - - - - - - -
8 023 Common pool abbr. dialling - 04 - - 2 - - - - - - - -
9 011 Operator M code dialled general - - - - 0 - - - - - - - -
* 001 No direct result 004 - - - - - - - - - - - -
# 001 No direct result 012 - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm confused :-(

Anyway, we solved the problem by adding a leading 0 in the SWYX server, it's not the perfect solution but it works

Corrado Toxiri

Hi corrado,

its a pity, but we dont give up!
Please tell me some results

what is the result of DIDGCO:1; ?
which is the right trunkaccesscode, 0 or 7 ?
can you see the dialing information from SOPHO to the SWIX, what you see?
look at the lines of PRI, DILINE:<shlf>,<board>,0,1&&31;, there you can see the route ( I have seen in your routetable route 1 and 2! ?? )

regards and good luck

Werner

Hi Werner,

DIDGCO:1; returns no relations

What is the trunkaccesscode? If you mean the number to dial to get to the external line, it's 0

As for the dial information to the SWYX, what should I look for? The SWYX is getting the number dialed on the phone (except the first 0 which is "kept" by SoPho)

I'm sorry but I don't have enough knowledge of this system, to understand your last question. As I told you, this system is usually managed by our Telecom company, but the "expert" got ill right when we needed him ;-)

I guess it's just that we should look for another route/dest to apply the digit conversion... but I don't even know how to look for the right path.

Anyway, we solved the problem in this way: as soon as the swyx server sees an incoming connection request from the SoPho (a user dialling one 0), it adds another 0 in front of the dialled number, to reach the telecom line.

It works ;)

Corrado Toxiri

Hi corrado,

its a pity, that result of didgco:1 no relation.
the trunkexesscode ( TAC ) is the number you have to dial for external line, it's "0"

for last question:
you have shown the result
<dirota:1;

ROUTE-TABLE UNIT SEQUENCE-TABLE
1 1 1

NORMAL EXTENSION OPERATOR PRIORITY EXTENSION
ROUTE PREF TRFC SMART ROUTE PREF TRFC SMART ROUTE PREF TRFC SMART
1 n 1 No 1 n 1 No 1 n 1 No
2 n 1 No 2 n 1 No 2 n 1 No
EXECUTED
it meens, you have two several routes for the destination "1", route 1 and route 2

we dont know, which is activ. to see this, we must look for lines of the PRI
the command is DILINE:the shelv, the slot in the shelf, 0 (cicuit 0 of DTU ), lines 1 to 31;

example
DILINE:12,19,0,1&&31;

an possible result is there shown
SHELF BRD CRT B-CH LINE BUNDLE ROUTE UNIT INE/PLE/FTLD FTLI
12 19 0 01 1001 1 1 1
02 1002 1 1 1

I have seen in the manual, the right command for digit conversion is
ASDGCO:1,1,0,00,0;
The last 0 for dialtoneplace - we dont need
when you input the asdgco what returns? executed?

I have reed all again what you wrote and I think, it is an other thing you want.
You must only repeat the TAC!?

then ASDGCO:1,1,,0,0; is right, because the conversion is only for dialed out numbers. So you convert "nothing" to "0"
because the SWYX must dial "0" to access the telecom line

The same result is possible, to do this

CHDSTC:1,60,10,1,1;

it meens, change the destination-parameter for Destination "1", with the Analysetree "60", first Dialtone "1" second "0",Route-Table "1", Accescode repetition "1"digit

To return to the original
CHDSTC:1,60,10,1;

Please look for the right route and do the asdgco. If it not works, do the chdstc.
If the asdgco not returns "executed", tell me the result and look for alarms (dimaja:; dimina:;)

If you have any questions, I'm from monday to friday, from 07:30 to 16:30 with some brakes, online.

regards
Werner

Hi Werner,

when I typed the command
ASDGCO:1,1,0,00;

I got an "executed" as return code I think. The command was executed and after that I could see the digit conversion from 0 to 00 when I typed

DIDGCO:1;
(I could read something telling me that 0 was converted to 00)

But, the problem is that I still didn't get the second 0 on the swyx.

I then tried ASDGCO:2,2,0,00; and got the same result (positive feedback from SoPho, but no result for the double 0)

Possibly, this has to do with the fact that our SoPho has one PRI line and also four BRI (ISDN) lines connected and that the SWYX is connected only to the PRI?

Anyway, for the outgoing calls we're working with the second 0 applied on the Swyx, so it's not a big problem anymore :)

Thanks a lot for your help
Corrado

Corrado Toxiri

Hi corrado,
the "0" you dial, is the access in the sopho to outgoing lines. To get the "0" to the SWYX you must convert for PRI-route "nothing" to "0" with

ASDGCO:1,1,,0,0;

That meens, the PRI dials "0" and then the calling number for the public web.

It is very interesting for me, why it not works.
Can you send me the OR- and PR-Files ( RTRIEV )?
to wernergo@yahoo.com

greets
Werner

Hi Werner,

I appreciate your help, thanks.

I might be able to work on the switchboard again next week-end (I'm not touching it during the week, with 300 users connected and working) and I can try sending you the OR- and PR-Files... although I don't know how to get them :p

For the moment, I have another problem... the incoming calls routed to the (human) switchboard operator seem to be dropped occasionally. We have defined some routes in the SWYX server (i.e.: to connect some VoIP lines and to route the calls through an automatic selection menu) and, when the caller selects the "operator" choice in the menu, we forward the call to 111 (the base number of the line).

The calls to 111 should be put in a queue on the switchboard 's control panel... they do, actually, but sometimes the call is simply dropped when the SWYX dials 111 (as if the switchboard replies with a "busy", which should be impossible, since there's a queue on the 111...).

DO you have any hint? Is it correct to route the calls to 111 from the SWYX to the SoPho? (if it's not 111, how can we tell which number should be dialled instead?)

Thanks again and sorry for all the questions, I'm not a SoPho expert...

Corrado Toxiri

Hi Corrado,

to do for the OR- and PR-Files
BMLOCK:1; lock backup
corrad; ( the swich asks for user identification )
RTRIEV:; the switch retrieves the data to the OR- and PR-Files on LBU
BMLOCK:0; unlock backup
corrad; ( the swich asks for user identification, which had set the lock )
You must copy the last! version of OR- and PR-files to your PC, either with FTP or over serial connection with Dikemulator of the SMPC or Sysmanager.
For serial:
CPYFIL:LBU01:OR01.pom./,PC01:; ( ./ to copy the last version )
CPYFIL:LBU01:pR01.pom./,PC01:;
If I have the files, I can look for all programmed terms.
For 111, I dont know, how and as what is it programmed, I'll see it it in the RTRIEV-Data.

Your questions are no problem for me

Have a nice day [sunshine]
Werner

Sorry for not returning info on this issue lately, but we had some trouble with the Swix card/server and we took some time to investigate the causes.

Regarding the backup, I don't connect to the switchboard with a serial cable, but with a modem. It's quite slow, but enough for simple programming (which is the only things I'm able to do, actually, hehe...). Is the backup working also with a modem or is it too slow?

Corrado

Hi Corrado,

if you connected with 9600 it takes some minutes.
In a 3030 you have or-file up to 60kb, the pr-file is 23kb.

In the beginning with remote we had standard only 2400boud!!, and it must go to.

Werner

Hi scorpion711,

please specify your question, describe it in detail. There many possibilitys for calls.

Greats
Werner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back