Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

use microsoft shared fax in a program

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2jesus

Programmer
May 20, 2003
US
Hi all,

Is there a way to use microsoft shared fax in a program?
What I need to do is integrate the fax wizard so that my program can pull the information from a custom database, and fill in the fields in the fax wizard automatically.

The customer doesn't want deal with the fax wizard, they want to be able to highlight a client in their program, click a button, and have the rest done behind the scenes.

Thanks for any help,

Jim

I too am looking for a GOOD answer to this problem.

Currently I have an application which is creating Word DOC files and sending them out to the Shared FAX via Outlook.

This works OK, but between Outlook, Word, and the application's concurrent memory needs it stresses the user's wrokstation resources and crashes too often (during the sending of 100's of FAX's).

Hopefully someone out there has a better, more direct object-oriented approach that they will share with us.

Thanks,
JRB-Bldr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back