Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use MFC class in C++/CLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Apr 25, 2008
Hello,

I have a program, which one developed using MFC and the development is going on. Now I want to create the same application using C++/CLI. For that I want to re-create all the MFC class. If any mechanism for using the same MFC class in C++/CLI. I try one that, create .dll file using the MFC class and load that .dll file in to C++/CLI project. It is working.
But with out the use of .dll file, how can I use the same MFC class in my new C++/CLI project.

Please help me
Sabi

Sorry, I'm not up with these acronyms. What is C++/CLI? Is it a console program or a windows program.

If you want to use MFC without the DLL, after adding the project, under Application Type, select "Use MFC in a static library".

I'm just getting in to C++/CLI, but from what I understand so far, you just use the System.Forms within the .net framework.

xwb...C++/CLI is the .Net integration of C++. They decided to give it a new name since their first 2 attempts didn't work out so well. They've added a lot of additional commands to allow the developer to work directly with the Framework (at least that's my understanding that this early phase of learning)

im in ur stakz, overflowin ur heapz!

Thought as much - I'm from the old school where CLI stood for Command Line Interface. Anyway System.Forms stuff in M$ extended C++ is beyond me. Guess I'll just leave that to the younger folk.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
CLI is not Command Line Interface, its Common Language Interface, Check Visual Studio-2008, create project -> CLR type. We want to use MFC class in this project. I am trying for that.

>> CLI is not Command Line Interface, its Common Language Interface

Yeah...xwb was just pointing out that MS used a previous acronym for their new interface.

xwb...yeah...first time I saw CLI, I thought the same thing! My next thought was "If ya want CLI, just create a Console App and you're done...no need to recreate the wheel" :)

im in ur stakz, overflowin ur heapz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back