Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use IF formula to compare dates and calculate third date column

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebluesdog

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2012
US
I have a list, with columns for Due Date, Revised Due Date, and Real Due Date; Real Due Date is a calculated column based on the first two columns.

When an item is added to the list, the due date can be entered, or, left blank. Once there is an entry in the due date column, an entry can be made into the revised due date column, if desired.

If there is a value in due date, but no value in revised due date, real due date is calculated as equal to the due date, and displays accordingly. If there is a value in due date, AND, there is a value in revised due date, then real due date is calculated as equal to revised due date, and displays accordingly.

The value in the revised due date column can be greater than the due date, or, less than the due date. (The boss can extend or move-up the deadline).

I have been trying to use the If statement in a formula. How do I create a formula that will do this? Thank you very much.

I think I have solved it myself:

=IF([Revised Due Date]<>"",[Revised Due Date],IF([Due Date]<>"",[Due Date],""))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back