Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use ICA PN Client credentials in .ica-file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chjinmind

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2001
SE
Hi!

I need to use the credentials entered in Logon settings in Program Neighborhood in a ICA-file. Anyone know how to do this?

Problem is that the installation uses a windows profile account to logon to the domain, = all users enter the same windows credentials. To separate users in the Citrix Farm we use different credentials in Program Neighborhood.

The installation uses a application control panel to launch all applications, both locally installed and Citrix published.

My task now is to create .ica-files that launches a connection to published applications using the credentials entered in PN, not the windows credentials.

Any suggestions?

I'm not sure there's much you can do, since passwords are encrypted in the PN.INI file, unless you have a seperate ICA file for each user.

And in what case would you want to use an ICA file since it would circumvent the need for the PN? Just curious.

Hi!
Installation is very special.
All Citrix apps are started from a control panel tightly integrated with loads of different systems.
The users use a role-login to the win-domain, not user accounts. Users are separeted with digital id's.
We separate the users with different usernames in PN for the MetaFrame apps.

User varibles are easy to get in .ica-files but that won't separate the users on the MF servres. Real cause is that some of the apps use the HKCU frequently and that means problems if they share accounts.

Crystal clear?
:)
/Chris

Hi there

If you need to start editing ICA files, look into documents that relate to customizing Nfuse as this is the best place for this type of info.

Hope this helps

Ade [bat]

Adrian Jordan
MCSE,CCEA,CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back