Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use groupwise to relay mail for 'domain'.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2003
AP
Hello all,

I'd like to use Groupwise to relay emails for a specific recipient domain to the IP address of a Domino machine. The situation is this:

We have one external IP address. w.x.y.z. We're running the network behind a Watchguard firewall with NAT, and currently have a Groupwise box (with only an internal NIC + IP address) handling mail for two domains. At the moment, SMTP traffic bound for either of our two domains is sent to w.x.y.z, and we use port redirection to redirect w.x.y.z:25 to the internal address of the Groupwise box.

We need to run a Domino box on the internal network and have it handle mail for a third domain - 'newdomain.com'. As all SMTP traffic bound for the network is redirected to the Groupwise box, I need to use Groupwise to redirect mail bound for 'newdomain.com' to the internal IP address of the Domino box.

How can I set this up in Groupwise? Any tips or pointers would be very much appreciated - Thanks in advance.

SR

Anybody? Is there anyway to use Groupwise and a relay host for a particular domain?

I don't really understand what you're trying to do. It's easy to relay mail through another host, but it seems like you're trying something more complex. Can you simplify the question a little bit or make it more clear what you're trying to do?

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Sorry about the structuring of the original question.

I think it would be simple to do what I'm asking as it's part of the SMTP server standards. The only issue is that I've never administered Groupwise and have no idea where to begin.

What I want to do is have inbound mail for domain "example.com" received by our Groupwise server, and then forwarded on to our Domino email server.

Our Groupwise machine will not hold the mailboxes for example.com, but simply pass the emails on to our Domino machine.

I hope this helps. Thanks for your help.

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back