Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use Enterprise connect with OTDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherriffot

Programmer
Apr 30, 2015
MA
Hi everybody!!!

I use Enterprise connect to connect with Opentext. But after I installed OTDS and synchronize with AD, I can't anymore use Enterprise connect. What can I do ??? Thanks to you in advance !!!!

Hi Appnair. I authentificate with OTDS to access to Opentext.

The way I usually troubleshoot this is I would install fiddler on the client machine and would hit the live link cgi . If the request to cgi turns into a request to OTDS server with the original request webescaped then I know it is the otds server that does the auth. This I would then repeat with EC which should really for the most part be the same . If it is not happening then otds is not your real authentication. You can check that on the auth page and see if webserver auth is turned on . For OTDS to work the website should be anonymous orIWA it does not matter since there is extra credentialling involved. I say this because most livelink people reAlly do not know what the webserver does what the auth source does and what the application does . EC is like a browser with a fake user agent so the LL app will register a hit like Mozilla does or IE does that’s all. If a EC request is turned down then I would trouble shoot that aspect.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

All that RH is doing is to establish a hit and a cookie to use. OT has said that it doesn’t matter if the output is erroneous. If you can create a connection and see your folders that’s all that matters. Also EC wants to talk JSON but many old livelink systems do not spit pure json. So unless it affects functionality I won’t worry too much about it

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back