Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use DID or TIE for new PRI, unable to dial out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2013
US
Hello,
I'm trying to figure out what type of trunks to use on my new PRI service... I setup originally as DID but read that I may want to use TIE... I'm unable to dial out, I get a busy signal after the 7 digit of my number... Is there something with the trunk setup limiting me, or do I have another setting that I need to tweak... Why does it allow 7 digits before busy signal? Thanks!

Option 11c 24.24
Customer set to ISDN
PRI is NI2
DCH is MSDL
Trunks built as DID

If you dial using your ACOD # instead of 9 (or whatever access number you use) does the call go through? This will go a long way to determining if the issue is with your programming or the circuit.

Thanks for the response... I didn't try that but lets say that I did and I got a busy signal, what would be the steps to correcting that?

Thanks!

That points to the issue being with the Telco (not 100% but high probability). Either incorrectly programmed, ie not set up to allow LD, or you are not sending the digits they expect to see, or the circuit is not turned up yet. I would tend to go with not turned up as I would have expected you to do testing with them during the turn up phase.

I'm cutting over from a DTI to a PRI and I had to out the route, trunks and clock. Change customer to ISDN then rebuild but that is as far as I got... I did get the Dchannel to come up, Bchannels were showing IDLE, but when I would dial 9 then the number (after 7 digits) it would be busy... I did not change the ACOD from the DTI settings... I did not change anything in Ld 86,87,or 90. Is there something I should change the ESN in order for the PRI to function. Of course had to restore back the DTI settings to continue to run, delaying the port over...

I would confirm with the telco that the circuit is set to accept traffic from you and what format they are expecting to see the dialed digits. If you are expecting this to be a two way trunk, make sure they are expecting the same. (you may have told them that, but it would not hurt to be certain!)
Do you have a spare slot you could use for this? That way while you are testing, instead of deleting the old, you just disable, move the card over and bring up your already programmed PRI - just a thought.

Are the extension in TGAR = 1? If so, chg RDB "TARG = x1"

Villareal

So this is one of my DNs that would use the PRI and it has a TGAR of 1... I need to change the RDB?

TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN 7000
[highlight #FCE94F]TGAR 1[/highlight]
LDN NO
NCOS 7
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS UNR FBA WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA ADD HFA
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD CCSD SWD LNA CNDD
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD OCBD FLXD FTTC
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 7000
LHK 1
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0

RDB INFO:

OVL000
>ld 21
PT1000

REQ: prt
TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT 0
[highlight #FCE94F]TARG[/highlight]
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC YES
DCNO 0 *
NDNO 0
DEXT NO
DNAM NO
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
FLH 510
GRD 896
SFB 3
TFD 0
SST 5 0
NEDC ORG
FEDC ORG
CPDC NO
DLTN NO
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
SVFL 02 02
DRNG NO
CDR NO
MUS NO
MR NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0

PAGE 002

FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
PLEV 2
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

You ALWAYS use DID rather than TIE for a route that goes to Telco - only use TIE for spans between your own sites.

You cannot restrict TIE like you can DID.

For your test phone, you always want TGAR 0, UNR

For your Route, let it default to TARG 1. BARS does not care about TGAR and TARG.

Make sure the Route's ICOG=IAO

~~
Gene at www.GHTROUT.com

BARS does care about TGAR if it's turned on in LD 86. Make sure you have your ISDN paramaters set in the CDB and you have something defined in the LDN Data for incoming calls. Make your phone TGAR 0 and dial the ACOD of the route and see if the call goes.

Great info, I will let you know how it goes... I will probably will try to test again this weekend...
Thanks!

Also when testing go to load 96 and enl msgi the number you assiged the dchannel msgi incoming message msgo outgoing message so you can see wht is being sent and received to telco. Also when finished dis msgi and msgo

Changed TGAR to 0 on test phone (2616) and Route (RDB) TAGR was set to 1. Also changed ESN to TGAR=YES.
ACOD has dail tone but get a busy signal after trying an outbound call...
Here is what my DCH monitoring says...

DCH 4 UIPE_OMSG CC_SETUP_REQ REF 00000017 CH 1 23 TOD 6:56:24
PROGRESS: ORIGINATING END IS NOT ISDN
CALLING #:5100 NUM PLAN: E164
CALLED #:xxxxxx2088 NUM PLAN: E164

DCH 4 UIPE_OMSG CC_RELEASE_REQ REF 00000017 CH 1 23 TOD 6:56:24

Telco side?

Thanks!

Actually I was able to get in touch with the telco and they stated that the call would go through but "5100" is the DN or Extention from the phone I'm using... How to I change that to pass my external number that they are familiar with?

For instance:

CALLING #:[highlight #FCE94F]xxxxxx0900[/highlight] NUM PLAN: E164 ----instead of 5100
CALLED #:xxxxxx2088 NUM PLAN: E164

Thanks!

You probably need to change the CLID of the extension.
If you go to LD 21 and prt CLID you will see what is set up already, hopefully you have one that corresponds to your number. If you do, you just need to enter it in LD 11 after your extension ie KEY 00 SCR 1234 1 enter (1 would represent the caller ID block associated with your full number.)

Hello,
I was able to change the number being passed off to the Telco company... It worked!!! I think BARS is restricting me some how... I can make an outbound call using my ACOD but when I dial a 9 and my local area code I get a busy signal... Is there something with my AC1 and NPA for my area code? Should I look into digit manipulation? I haven't changed anything with it, all I'm doing is going from a DTI to PRI... From everything I can tell... DCH, trunks, and route look good... Should I look into something with LD 93?

Thanks!

In LD 90. prt your NXX (for 7 digit calling) or NPA for 10 and 11 digit calling. This will need to go to the correct route and pass the correct digits the telco is looking for.

So here is my NXX:

[highlight #FCE94F]REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE nxx[/highlight]

NXX 704

[highlight #FCE94F]NXX 704
RLI 2
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
[/highlight]
NPA 1704:

[highlight #FCE94F]NPA 1704
RLI 4
DENY 976

SDRR DENY CODES = 1
ITEI NONE
[/highlight]

And here is my RLI:
[highlight #FCE94F]FEAT rlb
RLI 2

RLI 2
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 0
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 2
DMI 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
CBQ NO

ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 2[/highlight]

RLI 4

[highlight #FCE94F]RLI 4
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 0
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 4
DMI 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
CBQ NO

ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 4
[/highlight]
So I should be good if FRL is higher than 2? for faclity restrictions...

Is there something in my RDB that limits the AC1 or areacode?

RDB:

>ld 21
PT1000

CUST 0
ROUT 0

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 0
DES DMAIN
TKTP DID
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
DTRK YES
BRIP NO
DGTP DTI
DSEL VCE
PTYP DCO
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 7900
CPP NO
TARG
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC YES
DCNO 0 *
NDNO 0
DEXT NO
DNAM NO
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
FLH 510
GRD 896
SFB 3
TFD 0
SST 5 0
NEDC ORG
FEDC ORG
CPDC NO
DLTN NO
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
SVFL 02 02
DRNG NO
CDR NO
MUS NO
MR NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0

PAGE 002

FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
PLEV 2
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

Sorry, that is my current DTI Route... This is the PRI Route...

CUST 0
ROUT 0

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 0
DES TWTELCOROUTE
TKTP DID
SAT NO
RCLS EXT