Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use CGI to load info into a Dreamweaver table online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighavlo

Programmer
Jul 14, 2003
US
Hi, looking for help with Dreamweaver/CGI

I need to know how to load cgi info from a form into a table on the web i created with Dreamweaver
So that we can post info automatically about job listings
inhouse onto our website. A 5 column table that needs to add the newest post onto the end......... any help???

can you give an example of what you are trying to achieve?

Duncan

We'd like to be able to update this without updating the website. Have a form that uploads the info into the table.

Also set up an appointment calender online using the same ideas. What I really need to know how to do is use the cgi by sending it to the table. I also would like to send info like an (application to work for us) through form fields to show up in email. - Thanks - Matt

You really want to either

A) Find something online for free, google search for 'perl cgi calendar'

B) Write your own app ground up.

This really is not a simple 'push a-b-c' kind of thing.

Check rentacoder.com as well. SOmeone would probably do it for fairly cheap.

You can use a server side include in your static HTML that calls a CGI app which builds the table for you.

'hope this helps

If you are new to Tek-Tips, please use descriptive titles, check the FAQs, and beware the evil typo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back