Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use a Computer Headset With NBX V3000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebies

Programmer
Mar 7, 2002
US
Hi – I’m wondering if it’s possible to run what might be called a “virtual” or a “software” phone with the NBX. Ideally I would like to use one headset for listening to music, for talking on the phone, and in a near future for commanding my Windows Vista operating system.

It seems to make so much sense for all of these things to be used as one. (Versus having to switch the headset every time I want to get on the phone.) There are computer USB headsets out there that in theory should be sufficient at doing the job. Only question being can I figure a way to make calls / receive calls from my computer?

Thanks for suggestions and input!

To somewhat answer my own question...

At the bottom it talks about the NBX PCXSET. This is a software application that runs on your computer and acts as a phone. Seems interesting enough. I've ordered a headset for my computer and will be testing next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back