Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Use a CNAME for my License Server??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bran2235

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
Hello all!

Would it be ok to use a CNAME record (DNS) for my Citrix License Server? I've read a bit about "Understanding the Citrix License FIle) and haven't found anything.

I'm trying to architect a DR environment with a warm or cold Citrix Lic. Server... Wondering if the HOSTNAME is bound to the server / or bound to the MAC or what?

Anyone know?

Thanks!
Brandon

bran2235,
If you want a license server in your cold site you will simply need to have a server named EXACTLY the same as your production server and copy the lic files over. That should do it.

The ONLY catch is that the name be identical (it is case sensative). I've actually copied my lic file over to a private network (for testing) and named a server in that private network the same as the production license file and had no problems.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back