Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB'S ON ME NOT WORKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmeizie

Programmer
Aug 5, 2003
US
Well the problems is that the USB ports in the device manager are not showing up. I tried getting them to install but they are still not installing. What in Windows ME could be causing the problem.

If I take a peek in your Windows, to fix a problem, does that make me a "Peeping Tom"? Hmmmmmmmmmmv [pc1][shocked]

Did you try to see if the USB device is turned on in BIOS ????

Regards

Uw 1. I gotta check.

If I take a peek in your Windows, to fix a problem, does that make me a "Peeping Tom"? Hmmmmmmmmmmv [pc1][shocked]

Yeah, I got caught by that with my scanner. My BIOS disables USB by default?!

Okay thanks guys, I am trying to trouble shoot this for a not so technically incline friend via Yahoo. What I will do is get the make and model of her system so I can try and walk her through the steps of getting to her BIOS and doing it herself. I would do it for her, buuuuuttttt, she stays in Georgia and I stay in Michigan and that is kinda far to be making a housecall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back