Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

usb to audio connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

robmazco

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2008
US
I have a device for on hold music, via RCA jack its plugged into a usb to audio connector (no name brand). I have the rca jack plugged into a mini adapter which then plugs to the usb to audio Mic port. The usb end is of course plugged into pc. With the on hold box playing, I have no sound is coming from speakers.
The usb to audio connector has a headphone port, when I plug speaker into that, I get sound so I know sound is coming from device, thru rca and out speaker port.
But I get nothing when I plug usb to pc. PC recognizes it and it even has the sound level go up and down with music so its getting the signal.
Any ideas?

This is an On-Hold Plus 6000 unit.
Further testing:
I plugged unit directly into my mic in and line in on pc, with each I can see the sound level indicators going up and down along with music as it plays. But I still cant get it to play thru pc speakers.
Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back