Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB Supprt

Status
Not open for further replies.

VieiraR

MIS
Jul 3, 2003
US
HI,

I am using Red Hat 9.0 w/ kernel 2.4.20-28.9 I am trying to mount my Attache 2.0 usb flash drive. I can see it in the Browse Hardware Hard Drive as
/dev/sda
sda1

but when I type mount /dev/sda1 i get
mount: cant' find /dev/sda1 in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

please help

Rich

Your fstab hasn't been set up to know about your drive. Without that, you need to tell mount what to mount where.

Issue the full mount command:
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/<dir for drive>

If that works, add an entry to /etc/fstab. Something like:

/dev/sda1 /mnt/attache auto noauto,owner

With that line there, you will be able to mount the drive by simply specifying the device or mount point.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!!

Thank You sleipnir214 that worked and I made the changes to fstab. Maybe you can answer this question also. I have not been able to get my MA111 wireless usb adapter working. Whenever I boot with it pluged in the system crashes on Finding Module Dependencies: I had loaded the Prism2 kernel-2.4.20-28.9 module. Is this the right module or is mine a prism 3. I have recently unistalled the module. ANy thoughts on getting this working?
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back