Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB Scanner won't load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2001
US
My USB scanner wont allow me to install drivers. On boot windows recognizes an unknown USB device but won't take the scanners drivers. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Right click on the my control go to the device manager tab and remove the scanner from the devices. Reboot and let the plug and play find your scanner. Have you install the firmware for the scanner?

Try using the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website instead of the install CD. It's possible that the CD does not contain Windows ME drivers, or that the *.inf file is in a subfolder.

*The *.inf file is the one that Windows Hardware Wizard looks for so that it can install the driver. If it's not in the root of the CD, then Windows will say that it cannot install it unless you browse the CD fot the *.inf file.

I hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back