Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB-RS232- converter, MSDOS applications under Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2002
ES
Looking for USB to RS232 converters to use with MSDOS applications.
I have using Xircom Converter under Windows98 with no problem but it fails under Windows XP beause there are only drivers for Windows-98, W-Me, W2000 but not the Windows-XP.
This converter allowed to me to assign USB to COM1 or COM2 (the only ones that MSDOS application can use) and emulate it as a virtual port supporting MSDOS aplications.
I have tried to restart my PC in MSDOS mode but USB serial port does not runs because the driver for the converter is not yet loaded.

Someone suggest some other converter compatible whith MSDOS applications running under Windows XP, or other way to use this application from USB serial port to RS232-connection device.

Unfamiliar as I am with your entire situation...I'm still tempted to ask why a null modem wouldn't work?
There are also other questions which I could ask which would further illustrate my stoopidity, so I'll instead
offer a link that may help you:
Hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back