Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB Root Hub ....Help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smclaren

Technical User
Sep 8, 2002
AU
Hey Guys

Just working on new PC and trying (hard) to get the 2 USB ports cooking.

Got a problem thought.

Device Manager shows a PCI to USB Universal Host Controller (device working ), and a USB Root Hub (not working).

Device Manager says of the USB Root Hub...
"Due to hub transfer request failures, a hub has been disabled. Check your computers cabling and devices, then restart your computer".

Motherboard is a Tyan with a Intel 440BX Chipset, Win 98,.

Any idea's anyone, before I start friggin' around with something I know nothing about ???

I thought about reinstalling the Chipset Drivers...but chickened out, because the Intel Site only talks about the chipset (440BX) and Win 95, not 98 as I am running. But the manufacturer says its Win98 complient, running the 440BX Chipset.

Any idea's ??

Thanks in advance.

Steve

The 440BX chipset may have to have drivers installed. Look on the CD that came with the board and look for a folder that is either Win9x or Win98. Once in awhile, Win98 will not have the exact drivers needed.

You may want to check your BIOS/CMOS to make sure any USB devices have not been disabled. Just a thought.

If you have a usb device connected to this hub, you probably need to install the device drivers for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back