Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB Printing very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

brk1221

MIS
Jan 29, 2002
US
Hi, I'm trying to print from an android device to a desk jet print using a USB cable. The primary app is BigRoad, for trucker logs. Also using Hammermill app for the USB printing. Hammermill does connect to the printer. When I send a print job from BigRoad to Hammermill it says it is successful and the printer wakes up but stalls and will print after a minute or 2 which is unacceptable.

Also if I connect the tablet using USB to a larger office printer it will print successfully.

Ultimately we need truckers in the field to be able to print logs to a smaller, more compact printer

Any help on this would be appreciated

It sounds as though you are using 2 off-the-shelf apps
1. BigRoad​
2. Hammermill's printing app​

Since there isn't much that can be done from the 'outside' to off-the-shelf compiled apps, you should most likely contact the developers (for BigRoad: support@bigroad.com or for Hammermill: support@aftograf.com )

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Status
Not open for further replies.