Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB port does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitinsharma0007

Technical User
Dec 22, 2004
IN
Hi I have two computers both have windows XP on it.

on the first computer i have a usb mouse. When i start the computer the mouse is frozen. i have to unplug and plug back in the usb mouse and then it works fine. Almost everytime i restart the computer i face this problem. There is no other usb device on this computer. i have two usb ports on this computer and i have tried this on both the ports. there is no conflict in the device manager window.
Please help!

on the second computer i have the normal mouse, but it has broadband modem attached via usb cable. every time i restart my computer i have to plug out and plug in the usb cable so that i can use the bb connection. i have three usb ports tried all three usb ports. same problem. there is no conflict in the device manager window. no other usb device attached to this computer.

I don't understand why this is happening. Please help me in resolving these problems.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back