Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB Network adaptor and Win Network wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyg

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2002
GB
Hi

I have a Netgear wireless router which is working OK, I also have a WG111 Netgear USB wireless adaptor for a laptop. I have connected the adaptor to the laptop and loaded all the drivers OK, I have also got it to connect to the internet through the router no problem, also I can see the main PC that the router is connected to and download files from the shared folders on that machine, but the laptop with the usb adaptor cannot be seen by the PC.

I have tried to run the Network connection wizard, it loads some files then asks for a restart which I do but when it restarts it says it cannot find a network adaptor and shuts down, I assume because the adaptor is USB it will not be up and running when the wizard starts.

I also cannot select share this file in the folder properties as it is not set up preoperly, how can I get the laptop to be seen on the network and setup file sharing without using the wizard.

=======

2 heads are better than 1, but 1 is better than a committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back