Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB Memory Stick Enterprise Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

danieldutton

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2004
GB
Calling all IT Professionals...

I work in the ICT Department of a large company.

My company has recently been decided that it is time to issue USB Memory Sticks for our users.

There are many security issues with these devices most of which we can handle. The one risk that we cannot find a solution for is that of a device being lost/stolen and confidential data falling into the wrong hands.

There are many products on the market that offer a secure encrypted partition including biometrics, but as it takes some time to install the software/drivers, we think that our users will ignore this requirement and not use the policy.

Therefore, we require a product that either:

a) allows administrators to make the encrypted partition mandatory (users must not be able to bypass this)

or

b) uses hardware authentication (i.e. uses a fingerprint scanner that is authenticated on the device itself).

We have written a policy concerning usage of the devices but this alone won't be enough.

Does anyone know if such a product exists?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back