Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB media adapter (Olympus MAUSB-10)+ XP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbm24

MIS
Aug 27, 2002
US
I have a new Olympus MAUSB-10 xd card reader for a digital camera.The problem is, I cannot get rid of the exclamation point in device manager. The card reader is supposed to show up as a removable drive, but it doesn't do that either. XP is not supposed to need drivers for this card reader, but I did look for them to no avail. There weren't any. The USB ports work because I can plug my camera directly into them and download previously taken pictures. Another weird thing about this situation is the fact that there are no drivers for XP from Olympus, yet upon plugging in the device, it wants me to supply one which always results in a message saying "not digitally signed."
1.Have deleted and reinstalled several times with Norton disabled
2.USB ports are working fine
3.Checked mfg. site for drivers(none needed they say)

Sorry for such a long post and I thank you in advance for any help I may recieve.

Howdy:

Not sure where you were looking, but the link below if for the following..

Windows 98/ME/2000/XP compatible driver for the Windows 98/ME/2000/XP Olympus MAUSB-10 USB Reader/Writer for xD-Picture Card and SmartMedia. Please note file size. (.exe format - 4.5MB) (11/02)

Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back