Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB hard-drive disactivated my cd-roms 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triger666

MIS
Jan 29, 2002
CA
I bought a USB hard-drive, I installed it on my win98se pc (pentium 3 - 120 megs - 256 megs-ram) and when I reboot (with or without the usb harddrive) both my cd-rom and cd-rw disappear and are no longer in the "systems" menu. I got the most recent updates for windows and my device but the cd-roms still dont come up. If possible, could you help me try to troubleshoot it without having to buy a newer version of Windows, since that is out of the question 'cause I'm using my work PC and my boss is unwilling to pay for the updates.

Hi u USB hard-drive is gating Conflict with u cd rome drivr
and may be with cd rw fist configure the cd rom and cdrw
as the master and slave generaly slave config the jumper setting is geven on both the drive plz ref. the manul
then uninstall the usb hard drive then check the jumper seting of the drive up date the drive of usb and then connect
this will help u a lot

Triger666 , how about replying to your own threads. You've posted two without ever coming back. Jim

[cat2] [americanflag]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back