Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USB hangs in Win 2000 server. Any idears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScrewLewse

Programmer
Mar 9, 2001
US
I never had this issue before until I re-installed Windows 2000 server onto my new computer..

Asus KT7-133
Duron 850 mhz

It is very wierd, but sometimes my usb just hangs and I have to restart to get my usb mouse back... (and anything else that I may have connected to usb at the time.)

Thanks
dave _______________________
ScrewLewse
Webmonkey and all'round goof.
davidg@v7s.com

If you re-installed then something was changed. Try downloading the latest Service Pack to solidify all changes made.

You are using a VIA chipset right? Have you down loaded the latest 4-in1 drivers from VIA? I think it is at version 4.29

It has the latest USB,AGP and UDMA support.

I am not sure if that is what is causing your headache or not though.

Okey dokey.. I will check that.. (duh, I shoulda checked the service pack issue.) Thanks for the info on the 4 in 1 drivers.. I have them installed but I am not sure they are new.. I will let y'all know how it goes tonite.

Well I did both.. installed the newest non-beta 4 in 1 drivers and installed all patches and service packs for Win 2k and it still hangs... ugh.

You should try using usb filter from via.
It may solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back